April 30, 2020
DAY 48 since school closed. Why am I still counting this one?
DAY 38 of “stay at home” order.
Very productive day! Work and school were accomplished. The girls were very well-behaved. Love days like this. It is especially great since it rained all day long. Looking forward to a warm and fun weekend!
Let’s talk about a new word that has developed during this pandemic. The word is covidiot. The Urban Dictionary defines a covidiot as “someone who ignores the warnings regarding public health or safety. A person who hoards goods, denying them from their neighbors.” Today was filled with covidiot-sightings and most were in Lansing today.
Protesters descended upon the State Capitol today. Some were openly carrying weapons. There was even a video of a white girl with a black-faced mask on dancing on the Capitol steps. What is the education level of these people? When a protester entered the Capitol, a State Trooper took his or her temperature. What?! Social distancing rules were being broken. And why? They want their freedoms back.
I love being an American. I love the wide range of different cultures that live in this great country and learning about them. Growing up in a small town, I didn’t have a lot of exposure to other ethnicities, but I did learn that we need to love all humans because we are all created equal in the eyes of God. Don’t get me wrong, there is evil in this world. People tend to forget that there is a Devil. But back to my point, I love how we can protest in this country. I think it is great we have that right. Apparently, that freedom wasn’t taken away from the protesters in Lansing today.
I love how we can hop into a car and travel far beyond the horizon. Obviously, that freedom wasn’t taken away from the protesters in Lansing today.
To speak your mind. Some countries will stone you to death. But not the protesters in Lansing today. They have that freedom.
The right to bear arms. The protesters in Lansing didn’t lose that freedom.
The right to vote! You can still do that.
The right to act like a complete idiot. Yes, you can do that in America and today’s protesters in Lansing demonstrated the correct way of doing just that. Again, a freedom they didn’t lose.
The cool part of it all, I had the right to not protest in Lansing today, and yet, I respect the rights of others who did. I just happen to choose to live on the side of caution and stay home. My family means everything to me, and our health is my top priority.
Share your covidiot story at Lock Down Mama’s History Project: https://lockdownmama.wordpress.com/history-project/.
• Unemployment claims at 1.26 million in the state since March 15.
• Farmers are reporting there are too many pigs and not enough ways to make them into pork. Perhaps we will see pigs fly.
• News is warning of a meat shortage coming very soon. Here’s a good squirrel stew recipe: https://honest-food.net/squirrel-stew-recipe-paprika/. Ha!!!!
• Went grocery shopping. Covidiots were there – not wearing masks, not staying six feet away and not following the directional arrows. No chicken. No cleaning products. No stick-butter.
The below numbers are according to news source WDIV:
• Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Michigan: 41,379
• Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Oakland County: 7,267
• Total deaths due to COVID-19 in Michigan: 3,789